[time-nuts] AN/URQ13 reference AT cut crystal?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:18:11 UTC 2021

Bob
That being said then this thing is way off in temp and I wonder if I can
even get it to any place close. That suggests disconnecting the oven
controller and manually controlling the heating element. The inner is 80
ohms nichrome and the outer 39 ohms. Inner is actually far easier to mess
with and to also add thermocouples and such to monitor.
If I understand this correctly as I drive the temperature up I think the
crystal will go lower in frequency. The oven heater is driven off the 15 V
supply and ground. But You would almost have to use the +15 to -15 to get
enough current I suspect. The last darn issue is why is the inner oven
meter reading in the normal range? That defies logic.
Quite the mystery/puzzle, just whats needed as the winter storms come
through.
Regards
Paul.