[time-nuts] The amazing $5 timestamper with 6ns, resolution (next stop: 184ps)

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Wed Feb 17 15:34:16 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm curious how this turns out. Please keep us updated on your progress.
So, what is the maximum sample rate you can record at?

One thought to look for a lower frequency with less jitter than a signal
generator is TVB's PicDiv dividers. You could easily take the RB down to
something lower that you is within your sample rate.
http://www.leapsecond.com/pic/picdiv.htm

If you ask nice, he has other source code for different divide ratios
posted on his site. In my case, I needed to take 10Mhz down to 250Khz
for testing a time stamping counter. It worked very well for this
purpose, and was cheap and easy.

Dan