[time-nuts] Mains Frequency -again

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Feb 24 00:35:13 UTC 2021

kevin at rowett.org said:
> Would  you describe the epoch for this offset data?

I started collecting data many years ago.  I probably set the initial offset
on the first graph I made to 0.

The problem comes when I reboot the system or PG&E drops power.  That turns
into two chunks of data that need to get lined up somehow.  If it is a simple
reboot, the break in under a minute and I can adjust the offset of the second
segment so it looks good.  If power is off for more than a few seconds, then
the lining up becomes more of a guess.

I was thinking about this area the other day.

Does anybody know if the guys who run the grid publish anything I could use to
adjust my offset to match theirs?  I'm looking for something like "At 1 AM
last Sunday, the offset was 0."  0 is preferred so I don't have to worry about
the sign.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.