[time-nuts] x86 CPU Timekeeping and clock generation

Marek Dorsic marek.dorsic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 08:06:33 UTC 2021

NTP has a drift file (usually /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift or /var/lib/ntp/drift on Linux) where it stores and periodically updates the computers clock drift measured by ntpd in ppm.
In your scenario I assume it should contain only one number - 0. If it’s not 0, does it correspond to the drift you are observing?

   .md