[time-nuts] GPSDO won't lock: OCXO aged out?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:09:49 UTC 2021

Newell its all a gamble at this point so go with the 6V and see if you gain
a few hz.
Its a serious cheat. But it just gives you a sense of how bad is bad. Does
a olid volt maybe move you 1 hz or 5 hz?
In the can you could actually look at the crystal and in general several
caps around it. One of those caps either increasing or decreasing will
shift the oscillator into range. I have had to do that some time ago on a
oscillator. Granted it was a old piece of test equipment.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL