[time-nuts] GPSDO won't lock: OCXO aged out?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Jan 16 01:49:14 UTC 2021

Hi

One of the options is that the EFC has an issue.

Another option is that the oven control circuit has a problem.

Either one *could* put the center frequency someplace odd. If it’s the heater control
(or heater set point) then indeed, the temperature sensitivity will go way up.

Most of the OCXO’s off these boards are a sub $20 sort of item on eBay. How good
are they? Who knows ….

Bob