[time-nuts] irregular data and Stable32

Demetrios Matsakis dnmyiasou at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 20 19:02:21 UTC 2021

I think I deleted the duplicate posts relevant to data gaps in deviation statistics, and apologize if I took anybody’s out.

In my personal software I don’t deal with outliers or data gaps by interpolating, spline-fitting, or any other fancier things.    Instead I compute the standard statistical measures by simply ignoring terms in the summation that hit upon a data gap or outlier.

I don’t think Stable32 does that, so I’d like to pose this challenge to anyone interested in serving the community:  Assuming IEEE will make the source code available, can the approach I use be made an option?    And yes, I know that the uncertainties of the deviation points get hard to compute, but such issues can be warned about in the documentation, if not addressed.