[time-nuts] "Q for dummies"

ed breya eb at telight.com
Tue Jan 26 17:08:49 UTC 2021

If you have a mechanical tuning fork handy, just ding it and note the
gradual decay. Then wrap a small wad of paper towel on one or both arms,
with some tape outside (not touching the arms - don't want adhesive
residue left on there) to keep in place, and repeat. For using a wine
glass or such, stuff some paper toweling inside for loss. The point is
to use the same resonator for all examples, and represent the loss with
something added.

Oops - after I wrote this I looked back at the OP and see that it may
not be for a live presentation, so no props. If so, the audience may be
encouraged to try it themselves with the wine glass analogy - easy to do.

Ed