[time-nuts] ntp server

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 26 20:29:44 UTC 2021

I haven't tried one.  I didn't see any mention of the software.

There are many similar models at similar prices.

For roughly that price, you can get a Raspberry Pi and GPS HAT.  There are a
couple of web pages on how to setup a Pi based NTP server.

The downside is that you have to setup and run the OS and NTP software.  The
upside is that you know what you are getting and will get software updates.
You also get the rest of a Pi for other projects.

The Pi 2 and Pi 3 have Ethernet via USB which adds latency and jitter.  The Pi
4 has a better Ethernet connection.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.