[time-nuts] Re: LH "No usable sats"

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Jul 8 16:27:28 UTC 2021

Hi

The normal approach to running any GPS module is to initially let it determine
what it’s location is. This process is called self survey. Many modules will let
you save that location in the module. If you give a module a location that is
wildly inaccurate and lock in that location, the outcome will be a mess. What
sort of mess depends a lot on the module involved.

Note that none of this is related to LH, it’s all going on in the GPS device that
LH is connected to.

Bob