[time-nuts] Re: Thunderbolts ...

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 18:23:25 UTC 2021

My experiences with the T'Bolt have not been entirely satisfactory.  If I
set the loop
lime constant long enough to get a satisfying smoothing of the GPS noise (a
few hundred
seconds), then the thermal sensitivity of the VCXO on the T'Bolt rears its
ugly head and
I see a lot of my HVAC system cycling instead.  The T'Bolt E supposedly has
a double-
oven XO, so I'd like to give that a try.  But my wallet says "whoa"!

According to Bodnar, his units do have some choices in the time constant
setting.
I've been considering ordering a Bodnar just for frequency agility, but
have been
holding off out of concern for the complications of dealing with a foreign
supplier.

Dana