[time-nuts] Re: Thunderbolts

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 02:03:25 UTC 2021

Bert, remember that I need a very long locking loop time constant setting in
order to smooth out GPS noise, so in a sense the GPSDo is *almost* in a
holdover state anyway, all the time.

Probably the smartest thing for me to do is to buy a spanking new PRS-10,
with the PPS locking feature present.  Then I could just leave it locked to
GPS most all the time, but disconnect the PPS and let it go into holdover
on the rare occasions when I need a few hours of even better stability.

Dana