[time-nuts] Re: Tbolt

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Jul 22 16:36:25 UTC 2021

Hi

If you manually set the DAC with the commands LH nicely provides
(LH is the *best* thing about these TBolts !!!) you will find it runs from
-5 to +5V. The OCXO should tune linearly over that range ( all of mine
do).

If you take a saw to the typical TBolt OCXO, you likely will find
a 10 MHz SC cut crystal in a single oven. The design changed over
the many years they were supplied. One date coded 1997 is not going
to be the same as one date coded 2005.

On any OCXO, to see if it’s using a doubler, just hook up a spectrum
analyzer to the OCXO output. You *will* see the sub-harmonic. Much
quicker / easier than tearing the thing to pieces.

Bob