[time-nuts] Re: Tbolt

Dave B g8kbvdave at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:29:59 UTC 2021

On 23/07/2021 08:30, time-nuts-request at lists.febo.com wrote:

> If you manually set the DAC with the commands LH nicely provides
> (LH is the*best*  thing about these TBolts !!!) you will find it runs from
> -5 to +5V. The OCXO should tune linearly over that range ( all of mine
> do).
>
> If you take a saw to the typical TBolt OCXO, you likely will find
> a 10 MHz SC cut crystal in a single oven. The design changed over
> the many years they were supplied. One date coded 1997 is not going
> to be the same as one date coded 2005.
>
> On any OCXO, to see if it’s using a doubler, just hook up a spectrum
> analyzer to the OCXO output. You*will*  see the sub-harmonic. Much
> quicker / easier than tearing the thing to pieces.
>
> Bob

Thanks Bob, that is all I needed to know.  +-5V for the DAC's output
ability, so close to zero is far from being an issue.

I have no plans to examine the internals of the OCXO, so will take your
word on that aspect!

Thanks for the time for your reply.

73.

Dave G8KBV

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software: