[time-nuts] OCP Time Card Windows Driver

Ahmad Byagowi ahmadexp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 03:43:54 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to this forum but I certainly have enjoyed reading random and often time related topics coming to my mailbox.
Anyways, I have been working on an open source time server (both for NTP and PTP) as a project under OCP and it’s called TAP (time appliances project. More on you can find on www.ocptap.com . In order to provide time to our “time server” we came up with a PCIe card called Time Card. Time card got a Ublox F9T GNSS connected to a Microchip SA.53 Atomic clock (so far you have a modern GPSDO). The SA.53 provides a 10Mhz signal as well as 1PPS to an FPGA (Atrix-7). GNSS and MAC connect to the FPGA via their serial ports as well. The FPGA connects via the PCIe bus to the system providing a set of peripheral. GNSS and MAC serial ports as well a POSIX clock (80bit register similar to gPTP standard) are presented to the system. We were able to land the driver of the time card on the Linux Kernel 5.6 onward, meaning you will the time card driver already built in when you get any Linux (isn’t that sweet). All the source code and schematic for the time card is available on www.timingcard.com for free. After we announced this project, Orolia (another company) made a similar Time Card called ART2. Then we got some other vendors making time cards as well (did not mention their names since am not sure if they made it public yet or not, who cares anyways).
So, now I was wondering if anyone would be interested to write a windows driver for the time card. I am assuming it should not be that hard of a task if you are familiar and experienced with windows drivers.
Please have look and OCPTAP and the time card page and please feel free reach out to me if you have any questions.

Regards,
Ahmad

Sent from my iPhone