[time-nuts] Re: GPS Splitter for L1, GNSS, etc?

Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 09:26:03 UTC 2021

I once saw a design for a GPS antenna splitter that comprised a four-way
Wilkinson splitter on PCB microstrip, so had DC continuity between all
ports   At each output port was a capacitor to pass the RF, shunted by a
small diode.   That way any GPS receiver that put DC on its antenna port
would be isolated by the diodes  from all the other receivers.  The
receiver delivering the highest antenna supply voltage would  'win' and end
up supplying the active antenna via its diode in the splitter.

Andy
www.g4jnt.com