[time-nuts] Re: Looking for gerber files for a timing GPS board

James Wilson jmw at fastmail.com
Fri Jun 4 13:27:12 UTC 2021

In that case, it seems the best option is to mount the module on
standoffs to your Pi hat board, so you really only need dimensions for
the mounting holes, and that first diagram has them. For confirmation,
the RCB-F9T datasheet shows the same dimensions. Use a 2x4 2mm pin
header and a ribbon cable to connect the two boards. If you want a CAD
file for sketching everything up, there's a STEP model of the RCB-F9T on
Github:
https://github.com/u-blox/3D-Step-Models-Library/blob/master/POS/RCB-F9T(AP214).STEP

I agree the only reason to use this form factor is if you can get
surplus modules for cheap, which they are. With that form factor you
also lose breakouts for all the other interfaces to the u-blox module -
no I2C, SPI, or USB. I believe you can still send UBX messages over UART
though.