[time-nuts] Lady Heather v6 for Raspberry Pi......?

mpb45 at clanbaker.org mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Fri Jun 4 23:02:04 UTC 2021

Hello, Time-Nutters--

One of several things keeping me off the streets and out of
trouble these days is a home-brew system for downlinking and
displaying imagery from the NOAA low-earth polar-orbit
environmental satellites.

A satellite tracking software package runs/controls the AZ
and EL gear-motors that steer the 10-ft diameter dish.
This dish beamwidth at 1700 MHz is only a couple of degrees.

If the tracking program does not have pretty good time
information the dish AZ & EL tracking is not close enough
to provide a solid signal from horizon to horizon.  The earth
orbital periods of these NOAA birds is very close 100 minutes.
Seems like they pop up over the horizon and disappear in just
a couple of minutes.

For AZ/EL tracking timing I use a Trimble T-Bolt with a Raspberry-Pi
running Lady Heather v5 with Linux.  The Lady Heather display
runs 24/7/365 on a 12" monitor.  A friend took pity on me and
figured out how to get v5 Linux running on my Raspberry-Pi.

Some months ago I saw a photo of a monitor screen running
Lady Heather v6.   I was particularly impressed with the new
display features and improvements offered in v6.  I keep hearing
that Lady Heather v6 has been running successfully with Linux.
However, I have not been able to find where to download a
Linux version of Lady Heather v6 from!

Creating/installing software is not one of my skills so I am
hoping to find a source for downloading and running Lady
Heather with Linux v6.  Any info, thoughts, or feedback will
be most welcome!!

Mike Baker  WA4HFR
Gainesville/Micanopy   N. Central Flori-DUH.
mpb45 at clanbaker.org