[time-nuts] Re: Help ID'ing Frequency Standard

Jeremy Nichols jn6wfo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 17:26:44 UTC 2021

None of my older HP counters, standards, etc., have 5110 part numbers. A 1
MHz standard would date from the early 60s—the 5245L counter was introduced
in ‘63, I believe, with a 1 MHz standard. HP shifted to 5 MHz standards
later in the 1960s. A 5110 number definitely puts it in the Frequency and
Time (02) division, probably before the division moved to Santa Clara from
Palo Alto.

Jeremy

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 10:06 AM John Ackermann N8UR <jra at febo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for doing that digging, Magne!  The eBay pics exactly match what
> I have.  I wonder what HP product it was used in... the parts list
> doesn't help with that, unfortunately.  I did a quick search for
> 05110-6030 which is what it replaces, and that didn't turn up anything
> on Google.
>
> John
> ----
>
> On 6/6/21 11:39 AM, Magne Mæhre wrote:
> > On 6/6/21 4:22 PM, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> >> Looking through the junk box I came upon a metal box labeled:
> >>
> >> Frequency Standard
> >> 05110-6014
> >> Series 330
> >
> > This eBay listing lists it as a 1 MHz HP frequency standard
> >

> https://www.ebay.de/itm/133759143331?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=707-53477-19255-0&campid=5338722076&toolid=10001
> >

> > This list refers to it as a replacement
> >
> > http://hparchive.com/PARTS/HP-Parts-List-1973-74.pdf
> >
> > I couldn't get a solid URL for these outdated ebay pics, so I did a
> > screenshot:
> > http://ixocarpa.hytra.org/pub/2021-06-06-zSYSQQhalxs/hp05110-6014.png
> >
> > --Magne / LA1BFA

Jeremy Nichols