[time-nuts] Old Crystal.

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Mar 1 00:23:44 UTC 2021

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 18:35:57 -0500
Dan Kemppainen <dan at irtelemetrics.com> wrote:

> If any of you have any suggestions on where to find information on how
> to get something like this to oscillate properly, guess at correct
> parameters, or even measure any of the parameters I would really
> appreciate it.

The best way would be to use a network analyzer and measure
the crystals LCR parameters. Using that you can use the
standard harmonic oscillator literature (Parzen, Frerking,...)
to design the circuit.

I seem to have misplaced my literature on how to measure
crystal oscillators. But if you search for "Neubig" and
"crystal measurement", you should be able to find some of
the nice documents that Bernd Neubig has written on the topic.

			Attila Kinali

--
The driving force behind research is the question: "Why?"
There are things we don't understand and things we always