[time-nuts] Historical question

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Mon Mar 1 08:26:27 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 2021-03-01 00:17, Jeremy Nichols wrote:
> Does anyone know how many of its “first family” of frequency standards HP
> made? That would be the HP-100A (starting in 1943) through HP-100E (ending
> 1967). Just curious—I have a 100E, made in or after 1961.

As I recall it, the HP200A was the first product. A handy audio
frequency oscillator. Variants came along for 200B, 200C, 200D and those
where made for 8 years, when they was revamped into the 200AB and 200CD
products that ran for another 35 years of production. Pretty amazing.
The 100 series was started later as I recall it.

Rather than trusting my memory, there is a number of HP history-sites,
and the HP Journal may have relevant articles that shed light on it, I
would trust that way more than my memory, but at least I got you pointed
towards that.

Cheers,
Magnus