[time-nuts] Old Crystal.

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Mar 1 19:43:28 UTC 2021

Hi

Missing step from that YouTube video:

Stuff a fixed resistor into the 150B and calibrate the Rm per the manual.

Without that, your resistance numbers can be pretty far off.  In a production
setting some of the Saunders gear got “calibrated” (or at least checked)  each
time the frequency band was changed …..

http://ftb.ko4bb.com/manuals/73.64.254.239/Saunders_and_Associates_Crystal_Impedance_Meter_150B_Service_Manual.pdf <http://ftb.ko4bb.com/manuals/73.64.254.239/Saunders_and_Associates_Crystal_Impedance_Meter_150B_Service_Manual.pdf>

Section 4 ( Operation )

Paragraph A ( first step in operation) … Calibration Resistor.

( and on from there).

The approach for the other Saunders stuff is similar, but the details change
a bit from model to model.

While they like to talk about super duper fancy standards. Check it with
a 51 ohm 1/8W carbon comp and see what you get. Compare that reading
to what your 3456A says …..

Fun !!!

Bob