[time-nuts] Old Crystal.

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Sat Mar 6 23:52:22 UTC 2021

During WWII the Germans had crystals that glowed at resonance. Some place I
have about a dozen of them on different frequencies. These were mainly used
for calibration purposes, much like in our ARC-5 transmitters that utilized
a crystal and a magic eye tube. About 55 years ago I had an old German radio
guy tell me about crystals that glowed. I thought he was crazy. Turns out he
was right. 73 - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS

89 Arnold Blvd.

Howell NJ 07731