[time-nuts] Re: NIST 60KHz message

Peter Putnam ni6e at twc.com
Sun Mar 14 17:02:22 UTC 2021

Jeffrey,

Your questions are answered by notes in the source code.

The clock syncs once per day by design. That time is set at 00:00 UTC in
the software developers time zone in Eastern Canada. It works out to 8
PM in California. You can recompile the code to change the sync time.

The interrupt count shows how many attempts were made (at 134 seconds
each) to obtain sync.  Your clock is not receiving a clear signal if the
value is greater than "1".

NDST refers to the NEXT DST event which is moving clocks back an hour on
November 7th at 2:00 AM

Regards,
Peter