[time-nuts] Re: Long term ADEV of 5071

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Thu Mar 25 16:41:09 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 2021-03-25 17:29, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Moin,
>
> Does someone of those who own a 5071 have long-term ADEV data?
> I'm looking for multi-year data. While there are plenty of ADEV
> plots online, most of them stop at 1Ms or even at 100ks.
>
> Background: I'm involved in a project where long term frequency
> stability is important. And I need some rule of thumb to evaluate
> whether what we are trying to do makes sense or not.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Look at the BIPM data, as each clock is identified and you have
continuous measurement of a whole bunch of 5071s there so you can even
line them up and make statistics of the spread that way, just a bit of
number crunching away. There may be articles available also that gives
relevant hints.

Cheers,
Magnus