[time-nuts] list STATUS - moderation now off

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Mar 26 20:30:58 UTC 2021

Some administrative info (no need to reply).

1) We are still working on the time-nuts upgrade. When things solidify
John will post details.

2) The time-nuts mailing list is currently unmoderated.

a) When moderated, every posting is checked manually before it goes out.
This is possible because the volume of this list is quite low. Many
posting mistakes are caught this way. The review process helps make the
SNR of the list very high. But it takes time.

b) When unmoderated, postings go out to the list without review or
delay. This results in more immediate postings but it also tends to
increase the noise. The list works best when everyone stays on-topic and
posts technical-rich content. We switch modes now and then as needed.

----

3) List emails (these are unchanged):

a) the main time-nuts list address is: time-nuts at lists.febo.com
b) the time-nuts admin address is: time-nuts-owner at lists.febo.com

Technical postings/replies go to the main mailing list address.
Questions about the list itself, problems with posting, attachments,
bounces, membership, or conflict with others should go to the private
admin address.

4) Join and leave (these are new):

c) to join time-nuts send an email to: time-nuts-join at lists.febo.com
d) to leave time-nuts send an email to: time-nuts-leave at lists.febo.com

----

5) I keep the Time Nuts home page up-to-date with current info. It also
contains background information for new members:

http://leapsecond.com/time-nuts.htm

If you have comments/questions, email the list admin account (don't hit
reply).

Thanks,
/tvb