[time-nuts] Austron 2110 Electroluminescent Backlight Replacement

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Sat May 8 19:59:49 UTC 2021

I recently picked up an Austron 2110 Disciplined Frequency Standard.
It's equipped with a 2x40 character LCD with an electroluminescent
backlight.  Since the unit is over 20 years old the backlight is almost
gone, but the LCD itself is fine.

It's easy to find replacement backlight panels, but are there any
physical or electrical issues that would cause problems?

I'd also like to find a manual for this unit.  It's been requested a
couple of times over the years, but I haven't found a copy anywhere.
Mine is the 2110, not the later 2110b or 2110c.

Ed