[time-nuts] Schatz Ships clock

Joseph Gwinn joegwinn at comcast.net
Tue May 18 18:26:52 UTC 2021

A friend of mine has an old round brass Schatz Ships clock (looks
like a Royal Mariner clock, but is not) with a radio-clock quartz
mechanism.  This clock is quite dead, but one would think it can be
repaired.  When I google on this clock, I don't find repair details
and schematics, I see only offers to sell me a new clock, or nw clock
innards.  If the problem is electronic, I'll probably be the one
doing the repairs.

So, my question is if these old clocks can in fact be repaired, or is
the only option to polish the brass and wood, but replace the innards?

Thanks,

Joe Gwinn