[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A - Dead GPS Receiver - Oncore VP

CFO tnut1 at sv16.org
Tue Oct 12 14:26:16 UTC 2021

On 12/10/2021 14.53, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> You can be pretty sure that in their original installations
> as a reference for a cell tower, shutting the whole thing
> down every couple months was not part of the spec.
>
> Bob
I read over on the Z3801A site (forum) , that it seems like that GPS
receiver oscillator would drift , wo. these shutdown/calibrate steps.
That would make the receiver drift and be more and more insensitive over
time , and eventually loose sync.

This oscillator is not to be confused with the HP DOCXO.

CFO