[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A - Dead GPS Receiver - Oncore VP

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Oct 12 15:16:46 UTC 2021

Hi

The 3081 takes a *long* time to get to it’s final “settled” state on it’s
control loop. How long is a “that depends” sort of thing, but even for
short interruptions, it can be weeks. Cycling it puts you right back into
the start of the process.

If you have a defective receiver, then replacing it sounds like the better
answer.

Bob