[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A - Dead GPS Receiver - Oncore VP

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Oct 14 23:16:32 UTC 2021

Hi

The other way to look at it: The Z3801 and it’s kin basically went obsolete in 2000 when SA was
turned off. Once that happened, the design approach changed. That, on top of whatever system
life cycle issues applied pushed it onto the scrap heap.

No, that’s not to say you should toss out your 3801’s. Only that it was no longer competitive for
new designs.

Bob