[time-nuts] Re: Updated TimeHat image (new gpsd!)

Bill Beam wbeam at gci.net
Sat Oct 23 01:47:02 UTC 2021

Hello John,

I have been regularly updateing DietPI, now at V 7.7.3.

Is there anything new here?

Regards,
Bill

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 21:11:54 -0400, John Miller via time-nuts wrote:

>Hello all,
>HereG��s an updated system image for the TimeHat - including the latest versions of gpsd, chrony, and DietPi. I had been meaning to
get this image out sooner, but things have been pretty busy lately between work and family.

>https://millerjs.org/files/TimeHat32_20211022.img.xz <https://millerjs.org/files/TimeHat32_20211022.img.xz>

>The file is a 918MB xz compressed disk image, with an md5 of 097e5b0008849dcccfc8131a4d4ba0c9 if you want to verify your
download. When decompressed, the resulting image will be ~4GB and can be written out to an MicroSD card 8GB or larger. On first boot
the root partition will automatically expand to fill the entire disk.

>Aside from the new software versions, everything should be exactly the same. Credentials are still timehat/timehat, it will pick up an IP
address from your DHCP server automatically, it will have ssh listening on port 22, and it has a status web page on port 80.

>If you donG��t want to write a new image out for your TimeHat, I can provide instructions for how to update it - the process is fairly
straightforward.