[time-nuts] Re: thermodynamics of time keeping

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 20:40:48 UTC 2021

Perhaps the author is trying to include Schmitt triggers to sort of emulate
mechanical escapements.
I've occasionally used the things (Schmitt triggers) to help square up
sinewaves, but never in a case
where I was concerned about stability or jitter.

BTW, how do three inverters constitute a Schmitt trigger?  Note: Wikipedia
spells it 'Schmitt',
'not 'Schmidt'.

Dana

Dana