[time-nuts] Re: ammonia, cesium, masers, etc.

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Sep 21 00:28:02 UTC 2021

Hi

Heading off into the absorption A/C and remigration world …. They use various
salts to make the “magic happen”. The issue is with those salts. The EU is moving
towards banning manufacture of this gear fairly soon now ( 2026 ). This has the folks
that use these devices a bit concerned.

I think it’s safe to say that the interaction between the ammonia and whatever the
structure is made of will be exciting on a number of levels. Corrosion is only the first
item on a very long list ….

Bob