[time-nuts] Re: Some assistance with Ball-Efratom FRK-L Rb Osc. Needed

rodger_adams at yahoo.com rodger_adams at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 15:09:50 UTC 2021

In the last few years, I've obtained 3 FRK's and all 3 had the same issue.
The C-field voltage was so far off from where it needed to be that the servo
loop wouldn't lock up.   In all 3 cases, I was able to get them working by
changing out resistors R17 and R20 in the C-field circuit on the power
supply board.  Other resistors in the same area, R16, 18, and 19 might come
in to play too.  In at least one of the units there was also a wire that
needed to be moved and possibly a jumper that had to be removed or added.
This is all very easy to do as it's on the top side of the power supply
board, and the resistors are mounted on terminals to make them easy to
change.

My guess is that the FRK's were installed in some larger system that used
the external EFC input and when the FRK's were pulled they were not
configured properly to be used standalone as I am using them.

I probably took some notes on exactly what I did to get them working.  Let
me know if you need any details and I'll see if I can find (or remember)
exactly what I did.

Good luck,

Rodger