[time-nuts] Re: constructing a moon base

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Sep 29 14:54:09 UTC 2021

Hi

My *guess* (and it’s only a guess) is that before you get to the “road building”
phase, there will already be at least a basic set of satellites providing coverage
for the moon. However much they cost today, they will be way cheaper then.
They also would be useful for a wide range of activities.

Does that mean full GNSS on the moon? Who knows ….. It does mean that part
of the com / time transfer stuff could be offloaded.

Bob