[time-nuts] Re: The STM32 GPSDO, a short presentation

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Apr 1 12:29:24 UTC 2022

Hi

The drift used in the original example is just one of many many things
that can come up. There are a lot of “corner cases” in GPSDO design.
The constellation does “this” and they all react. Ideally they would react
to suppress whatever the issue is. It does not always work out that way.

This is not in any way unique to GPSDO’s. You might have a set of OCXO’s or
Rb’s as the elements in a three corner hat that all had the same tempco slope
and magnitude. In a normal lab, that could create a problem.

The first time I saw the topic debated it was at FCS. It was in relation to the
Cs standards used in national time scales ….. ( and why having them all one
model from one company wasn’t a great idea ).

Bob