[time-nuts] Re: disciplning natural phenomena

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Apr 1 16:24:20 UTC 2022

I've attached the ADEV plot from 11 years of Old Faithful data (2001 to
2011).

For the data and also a deep dive into geyser statistics see this
wonderful article:

http://www.stat.yale.edu/~jah49/Pictures_in_R/Fickle_Old_Faithful/OldFaithful.pdf

These papers might also be interesting to you:

"Triggering and modulation of geyser eruptions in Yellowstone National
Park by earthquakes, earth tides, and weather"
https://digitalcommons.lsu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2191&context=geo_pubs

"A Look at Some Data on the Old Faithful Geyser"
https://doi.org/10.2307/2347385

"Model for the eruption of the Old Faithful geyser, Yellowstone National
Park"
https://www.geosociety.org/gsatoday/archive/23/6/pdf/i1052-5173-23-6-4.pdf

"A History of the Old Faithful Area with Chronology, Maps, and Executive
Summary"
http://npshistory.com/publications/yell/old-faithful-area-history.pdf

For current and recent information see:

https://www.geysertimes.org/geyser.php?id=Old+Faithful