[time-nuts] Re: The STM32 GPSDO, a short presentation

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Apr 1 16:36:29 UTC 2022

Hi

GPS modules tend to be “accuracy rated” in terms of what they
do when fed with a signal generator. The “accuracy” is the departure
from the reference pulse out of the generator. Oddly enough it does
not include all of the delays involved ( yes that’s a bit weird).

When you feed them with real signals from real sats, those numbers
are only a guess. Under various conditions they may be a pretty bad
guess. How well the GPSDO is at recognizing / catching these conditions
and dealing with them will impact its accuracy.

Bob