[time-nuts] Re: +1/f of transistors

Leon Pavlovic leon.pavlovic at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 09:50:03 UTC 2022

What would be a (very) good lab setup for the 1/f noise evaluation? I'm
talking about BJTs and JFETs.

What instrumentation and power supply are needed? How not to measure in a
wrong way - like 1/f noise in the instrumentation or the power supply
circuitry? Active collector/drain current sources vs pure resistive...

I'm quite familiar with the low NF measurements, so I guess the same
practice would apply: insert your DUT, short its input side, have a
low-noise post amp and display the noise on FFT SA?