[time-nuts] NTP server source needed

Paul Watts rpwatts at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:03:49 UTC 2022

Long time lurker, first time poster.

In the past, I've purchased the LeoNTP server to act as a local time server
on my work network. Unfortunately, those NTP servers aren't available to
order.

I'm in need of two - three more NTP servers for various locations.

Do any of you have an alternate NTP server recommendation?

1. I'd like to keep the price less than $1,000. The Leo's were a great,
self contained choice at less than $400.
2. Support for IPv4 is required and IPv6 is desired. The main shortcoming I
have with the Leo's is no support for IPv6.
3. I'll serve about 150 clients per site from a given NTP server. My NTP
clients are a combination of Windows and Linux computers along with various
types of network gear (Cisco, Palo Alto, Aruba, Juniper). The Leo's don't
even breathe hard at that level.
4. No PTP support is required. My timing needs are IT related - log
consistency, security protocol requirements, etc.
4. I'm not interested in building and using something like a Raspberry Pi.
I'll be sending these to remote sites and don't want to worry about issues
like memory card failures and the hobbyist feel of many Pi cases and
cooling options. That's fine for my home but not for work.
5. Availability is important.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Paul Watts.