[time-nuts] Underlying math of cross-correlation PN Test Sets

Joseph Gwinn joegwinn at comcast.net
Sun Apr 24 23:57:54 UTC 2022

I'm digging into the basic math of how cross-correlation phase noise
test sets (like the 53100A) work, so I'm looking for good articles on
the complex-exponentials math.

One item of interest is the effects of imperfections in the power
dividers that make a pair of perfect copies of the reference signal
in a residual-PN setup.  I gather from Walls 1992 that the limit on
cancellation of signal-source PN is the imperfect isolation of the
power divider.

I'm more interested in clarity of exposition and the physics than in
solid walls of pure math.

Thanks

Joe Gwinn