[time-nuts] FE5650A information?

Richard Rudd richard.rudd at plumconsulting.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 22:33:06 UTC 2022

Hi all, I have a couple of the 10 MHz fixed output versions of the FE 5650A Rb module, that I use in a radio channel sounder.

One has now started to fail to lock, rather randomly. Sometimes it will burst into life, more often not. There’s nothing visibly amiss inside, but I hesitate to start random tweaking, despite the tempting-looking line of multiturn pots on the middle (VCO?) board . Given the amount of other data on the web, here & elsewhere, on similar devices, I’m slightly surprised not to have come across any schematic of this unit yet.

If anybody has any pointers or suggestions I’d very grateful 😊

Cheers
Richard