[time-nuts] Re: Can the ADEV of a GPSDO output ever be lower than the minimum of the ADEV of the internal oscilator and the ADEV of the GPS PPS?

André Balsa andrebalsa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 14:53:58 UTC 2022

Hi Erik,
Mathematically, no, a GPSDO cannot have a lower uncertainty (ADEV) than the
minimum observable uncertainty (ADEV) of the combined oscillator
(disciplined clock) and PPS (disciplining clock) from the GPS receiver.
Unless there is some magic trick to remove the uncertainty in a clock that
I am not aware of. ;)