[time-nuts] Re: Testing frequency pulling on a DYI counter

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Thu Aug 4 08:33:31 UTC 2022

Bob,

Thanks for the advice.
I've updated the sweep from -1.5E-9 to +1.5E-9 with steps of 1E-11 and
used a 10 second gate time.
The used DDS signal generator was locked to the 10 MHz reference output
of the counter
The impact of being close to the reference is clearly visible in the
updated plot [1]
Measurement error well away from 10MHz is in the order of 1E-11
Close to 10 MHz ( +/- 0.5E-9 ) this increases to 1E-10 which is still
acceptable.
Erik.

[1] http://athome.kaashoek.com/time-nuts/Freq_error.PNG