[time-nuts] Re: Testing frequency pulling on a DYI counter

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Thu Aug 4 14:03:11 UTC 2022

Hi Magnus,
The measurements uses least square processing over 200000 samples per
measurement
As you proposed a high resolution scan was made showing the pulling to
be indeed in the order of the delta to the reference frequency [1]
But its not a constant pull and the measured frequency sometimes jumps
back to the correct frequency or even to the opposite side.
The bandwidth of the variations (2E-10) is too constant not to be based
on some underlying phenomena still to be investigated, especially above
the reference frequency.
Please keep in mind this is still measured using prototype HW using long
connecting wires.
Hope this improves when done on a PCB.
Erik.
[1] http://athome.kaashoek.com/time-nuts/Freq_error_fine.PNG