[time-nuts] Assistance with a HP 2509A digital clock

majanoff at gmail.com majanoff at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 19:54:29 UTC 2022

I'm in the process of restoring a HP 2909A digital clock. This is a Nixie
clock that displays the time on the front, and has multiple time coded
outputs on the back. I have the documentation for the Dymec 2509A but the
schematic doesn't match my unit. The problem with the clock is that several
times a day the clock skips seconds and so appears to run fast. This happens
when it is using the 60hz line current as the time base, or an external
1PPS.

If anyone has a 2509A that they can part with (working or not), or if you
have extra cards that you no longer need, I'd be happy to purchase an entire
unit or a partial unit, or just one card. The card I'm looking for is
5060-6217 the second from the left looking from the front.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mitch