[time-nuts] Re: Testing frequency pulling on a DYI counter

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Aug 7 21:02:15 UTC 2022

Hi

There are a lot of ways to deal with gaps. The best one is not to
have them in the first place :). It is not uncommon to ignore the
gap, but that does create issues. It also is not uncommon to plug
in “average” data. Again, issues are created. The hope is that they
are not as significant as ignoring it. How you generate that average
data …. that depends …..

So, no perfect solutions once you have a gap. If a setup produces
gaps on a regular basis, that’s probably not a really good way to
do things.

Bob