[time-nuts] Re: Power and heat re: Heathkit WWV clock / where are the good oscillators?

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Sun Aug 7 21:56:05 UTC 2022

Azelio Boriani said:
> The Swiss MicroCrystal claims +/- 1ppm accuracy and +/- 0.09 seconds per day
> for their RTC modules. <https://www.microcrystal.com/en/products/
> real-time-clock-rtc-modules/>

Note that the slots in that table with 1ppm are for 25C.

I looked at the data sheet for the top slot: 2.5ppm over -40 to +85C.

There is a graph for the temperature of the crystal that goes to over 100 ppm
so I assume there is some trickery to add/drop pulses.  That is probably OK if
you are driving a watch but may be "interesting" in other applications.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.