[time-nuts] Re: Custom Quartz crystals

ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de
Sun Aug 14 01:18:28 UTC 2022

Am 2022-08-14 0:25, schrieb Bob kb8tq via time-nuts:

> Bliley would be the other likely candidate.

> <https://www.bliley.com/crystals_transducers>
>
> Neither one is likely to be “low cost”. I would not be at all surprised
> to find
> somebody in Asia willing to sell you something (possibly at a lower
> price).
> Just who and how to get in touch with them …. no idea.

Someone I know organized a group buy at Laptech in US/Ca.
<  https://rfx.co.uk/products    >

Prices went from €/$ 32 for simple AT to €/$ 96 for 5th SC at 98 MHz.
Problem was the minimum order quantity of 10 for the simple ones and
15 for the more interesting and not-so-cheap ones, and that was for
a bunch of types in parallel. AT at high overtone and 60°C is probably
not on the cheap side.

The types that I was interested in did not meet the minimum order
quantity,
but it seems those that did were top-notch.

> As idiotic as it sounds, the lowest cost approach is likely to be
> buying a
> 60 MHz OCXO on eBay (assuming you can actually find one) and tearing
> it apart for the crystal ….

That's how I got a nice 5 MHz SC from a semi-defective Morion MV-89A.
Morion is currently not a source, only for Old Stock.

I don't know where the thread starter is from, but I heard it was said
that you can get Croven in Europe from Axtal.

Cheers, Gerhard